This Corn and Malunggay Soup Recipe produces a healthy soup dish composed of shredded white corn and malunggay (Moringa) leaves.
The health benefits of the soup produced from this Corn and Malunggay Soup Recipe comes from the malunggay leaves. Previously called “poor man’s” vegetable, malunggay leaves have been discovered to possess incredible health benefits. Because of the countless benefits that can be derived from the leaves and fruit, the tree has now been dubbed as the “miracle tree”.
Although this healthy Corn and Malunggay Soup Recipe only calls for corn and malunggay, you can add boneless chicken breast slices to make it more flavorful. All you need to do is saute the chicken slices for a few minutes before adding the vegetables and broth.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes
Having this soup (along with a few hours of rest) after a tiring day at work or after a heavy workout can get your strength back and relieve stress. By the way, you can also add malunggay leaves to your Chicken Tinola for better nutrition.
Try this Corn and Malunggay Soup Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1½ cups white corn, shredded
- 1 cup malunggay leaves, cleaned
- 2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a cooking pot then pour-in olive oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, saute the garlic and onions.
- Put-in the shredded corn and stir.
- Pour-in chicken broth and let boil. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add salt and ground black pepper then cook for 2 minutes more.
- Put-in the malunggay leaves. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes more.
- Turn-off heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!