It is getting warmer these days, time to heat-up that grill and enjoy some sliders. For those who aren’t familiar with them, these can easily be described as mini-burgers. So, where did these delicious tiny tasty snacks got its name?
Sliders are invented by the White Castle Restaurant. These were called as such because the servers slide them down on the counter towards the customers. The original sliders are square in shape and have holes to distribute heat. This cooks the slider without the need to flip the patty.
The Best of Panlasang Pinoy
This is best eaten with some crispy homemade French fries. The good news– you don’t need to go far to search for the recipe, we got it all taken care of. And before I forget, feel free to add as much hot sauce as you can handle. Cheers!
Try this Tasty Sliders Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs ground beef (80:20 fat ratio)
- 1 packet (1 ounce) French onion soup mix
- 10 pieces dinner rolls (bread)
- Individual cheese slices
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped sliced onions
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- Salt and ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef and French onion soup powder; mix using your clean hands.
- Scoop about 2½ ounces of meat and form it into a ball-like figure. Gently press the meat so that it becomes flat.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper
- Grill each side in medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes. The thicker the patty, the longer it takes to grill
- Remove from the grill and assemble. Start by spreading mayonnaise on the dinner roll, and then arrange the patty. Add cheese, sliced onion, and pickles, if you like.
- Serve with homemade French fries.
- Share and enjoy!