Ever wondered if you can do more to your okra other than adding it in common Filipino Recipes such as pinakbet, sinigang, and bulanglang? Actually, there are many ways to cook okra – this Roasted Okra Recipe is one of the easiest that you can start with.
This recipe is plain and simple. All you need to do is season the okra with salt and pepper, and then roast it inside the oven for a few minutes. This makes a good appetizer; you can also eat this with rice. When eating this with rice, what I do is dip it in shrimp paste (bagoong) to intensify the taste.
It will be more beneficial to your health if you consume this as it is with minimal salt. You can also enjoy this when you eat it with fish dishes such as steamed fish.
Try this Roasted Okra Recipe and send us your feedback.
This is a Roast Okra Recipe.
- 1/2 lb okra cleaned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A dash of ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine okra and olive oil. Shake the bowl so that the oil coats the vegetable.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Shake again to distribute.
- Arrange the okra in a cookie sheet or oven tray.
- Set the oven to broil (about 500 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Put the okra in the oven and roast/broil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve as an appetizer. Share and enjoy!