Popcorn Chicken makes a good snack for your kids especially on school days right after school. The good news is this is so quick and easy to prepare – less than 30 minutes. The ingredients for this recipe are readily available in your local grocer too.
One of the nice things that I liked with this recipe is the fact that it is the base recipe to many dishes. In other words, you can make many other dishes from this simple Popcorn Chicken Recipe that we have here. Some examples of these dishes are: Orange Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Lemon Chicken, and many more.
This can be made more exciting by pairing with your child’s favorite dip like creamy ranch, sweet and sour sauce, barbecue, or even ketchup. This can even be treated like regular popcorn. It can be eaten as it is while watching TV.
Try this Popcorn Chicken Recipe and let me know what you think.
This is a recipe for Popcorn Chicken.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 raw eggs beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Mix well and let stay for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the all-purpose flour, garlic powder, and chili powder in a Ziploc bag. Shake to mix.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg, and then put the first batch in the bag with the flour mixture. Shake well to coat.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep cooking pan. When the oil becomes hot, put-in the flour coated chicken one-by-one. Continue frying in low to medium heat until the color turns light to golden brown.
- Remove chicken popcorn from the pan and place in a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with cornbread or cornbread muffin. Share and enjoy!