The name of this dish clearly describes what this is all about. Easy Sweet and Sour Ikea Meatball Recipe is a simple meatball dish in sweet and sour sauce. One thing that the title lacks is the word “quick” which should describe the time in preparing this dish – a fast 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe makes use of Swedish meatballs. These are meatballs that I bought from the Ikea store. It is already partially cooked. I tried making this Easy Sweet and Sour Ikea Meatball Recipe because I wanted to enjoy those good meatballs in a whole new way. Don’t get me wrong, having the meatballs in creamy gravy and lingonberry jam is the most ideal thing to do. However, doing so almost all the time is making my palate long for other flavor.
This Easy Sweet and Sour Ikea Meatball Recipe have the delicious taste of the meatballs and the tangy flavor of the sweet and sour sauce. What else can you ask for other than fried rice?
You can also make your own meatball using our easy meatball recipe.
Try this Easy Sweet and Sour Ikea Meatballs Recipe and let me know what you think.
Easy Sweet and Sour Ikea Meatbal
This is a recipe of sweet and sour meatball using Ikea's Swedish meatball.
- 2 lbs Ikea or Swedish meatballs pre-cooked
- 1 piece red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 piece green bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 piece red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 piece carrot sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch diluted in 3 teaspoons water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan. Pour-in cooking oil
- Put-in the onion, carrots, pineapple chunks, and bell peppers. Sauté for 3 minutes
- Add-in the ketchup, vinegar, sugar, and water. Stir and then let boil.
- Put-in the meatballs. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes in medium heat.
- Pour-in cornstarch diluted in water. Stir and then cook until the texture thickens.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!