Muffins are good to have for breakfast and snacks. It is even better if you have it with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. One particular type that I like to have for breakfast is Raisin Bran Muffin. Since bran is high in fiber, I figured that this can help control my digestion. This Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe is the only one I trust.
Aside from having high fiber content, I like Raisin Bran Muffin because it is not too sweet. I do not feel guilty even if I had more than one piece. It also fills me up quite a bit, and keeps me energized until lunch time. That means no food cravings in between breakfast and lunch. By the way, this Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe asks for 3 tablespoons of raisin. Add more raisins instead of sugar, if you like it sweeter.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes
Did you know the secret to moist muffins? It is actually the vegetable oil. I think that the amount of oil in this Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe is enough, but you can add a tablespoon or two if you want it moister.
Try this Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe and send us your feedback.
Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cups wheat bran
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Combine buttermilk and bran. Let it stay for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and then add the vanilla extract and sugars. Mix well until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour-in the buttermilk and bran. Mix well.
- Fold-in flour and raisins.
- Arrange the mixture in muffin cups and then bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!