Pasta Puttanesca is a flavorful pasta dish. This is composed of many ingredients that work in symphony to come-up with an awesome result. The basic Puttanesca sauce is comprised of garlic, olives, capers, and olive oil. This recipe is way beyond the basic. You’ll know why once you try it.
I really enjoyed this dish. I felt that my palate went to another dimension. I loved the combination of anchovies and capers. The extra heat from the pepper flakes set the tone and increased my appetite. This was really great.
I know that the number ingredients can be intimidating. However, the preparation is really easy and quick. Believe me; you can make this dish on your own even if you don’t cook regularly. Follow the recipe below step by step for you to will be on track.
Try this Pasta Puttanesca Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Pasta Puttanesca Recipe
- 1 lb. uncooked linguine pasta
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 to 6 pieces chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the linguine pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a cooking pot.
- Put-in the carrots and anchovies. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, capers, diced tomatoes, oregano, thyme, pepper flakes, and tomato paste. Stir and let boil. Cover and then simmer for 12 to 17 minutes.
- Put-in the cooked pasta and fresh basil. Toss.
- Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4