Scallop and Zucchini Stir fry is a simple way to cook Zucchini. It involves sauteing the zucchini with sweet peppers and scallops. Sounds good, doesn’t it? It tastes great too.
Whenever I wanted to reset my palate, I try to eat light dishes. This is one dish that I turn to because I think that this is a light dish and the flavors are mild. I usually eat this plainly without rice or any side dish. However, we all know that this goes better with steamed white rice.
There are other vegetables that you can use aside from zucchini. For example, yellow squash can be a good alternative. You can also substitute the scallop with small to medium shrimp. Some of you might not be fans of fish sauce. That is alright, try to use salt instead.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes
How to Cook Scallop and Zucchini Stir fry
This Scallop and Zucchini Stir fry recipe is quick and easy to cook. It takes more or less 20 minutes to complete everything. Start by sauteing the garlic and onion, and then the scallops. Add the zucchini and continue to stir fry for a couple of minutes before adding the other vegetables and the fish sauce. Add pepper towards the end. This is best eaten as a main dish for rice, or as a side dish for fried fish such as fried tilapia.
Try this Scallop and Zucchini Stir fry recipe. Let me know what you think.
- ¼ lb. bay scallops
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1½ cup sliced red, orange, and yellow sweet peppers
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 medium onion, sliced.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok.
- Sauté the garlic and onion
- Add the scallops. Cook for 1 minute.
- Put-in the zucchini. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet peppers, spinach, and fish sauce. Continue to stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle some ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with fried rice. Share and enjoy!