Buko ice candy is a Filipino ice pop made from milk and young coconut. The young coconut is locally known in the Philippines as Buko. This is easily prepared by mixing all the ingredients together and pouring a part of it in small long plastic bags made for this purpose — these bags are often called ice candy bags.
Just like preparing your favorite drink, there are many ways in preparing this treat. It is up to you on what of flavor you prefer. The common flavors that I enjoyed when I was a kid were buko, mango, chocolate, and melon.
Panlasang Pinoy Fish Recipes
Ice candy is an inexpensive way to beat the heat or to simply enjoy your dessert — to some (like myself who used to enjoy this as a child), it brings back a sense of nostalgia.
Try this Buko Ice Candy Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 cup shredded young coconut meat
- 2 cups young coconut water
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine coconut water, fresh milk, condensed milk, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl or pitcher. Stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the shredded young coconut. You can also use a food processor to make the shredded coconut finer before adding it in the mixture.Give it a quick stir.
- Pour part of the mixture into ice candy bags using a funnel. Let the air out and secure the bag by tying a knot on the open end.
- Arrange in the freezer and let it stay overnight.
- Serve for dessert or snack. Share and enjoy!