This ginataang salmon recipe is a salmon dish wherein the fish is cooked in coconut cream (or coconut milk) is a simple Filipino fish recipe. You can use this as a guide to make your meal more enjoyable.
This dish is very easy and quick to prepare; in fact, your Ginataang Salmon will be ready in less than 30 minutes. We have shown you some fish recipes before that makes use of coconut milk. This is different because it does not entail complex procedures and this is the first fish with coconut milk recipe we featured that requires the use of vinegar.
If you love paksiw na isda and ginataang tilapia, wait till you try this dish. As I’ve mentioned, this is an easy recipe. If you are a beginner in cooking, this recipe is fit for you. The procedure can be found in the recipe below, but let me give more details for the sake of the beginners. I started out by placing the salmon steak flat on the cooking pan. Take note that I have not turned on the fire yet — the pan is not yet hot at this point.I then placed all the ingredients in the pan, except for the coconut cream and vinegar. I then turned the heat on to medium and let the water boil. As I am seeing those tiny bubbles emerge, I poured-in the vinegar and continue to cook for a couple of minutes. I then added the coconut cream (you can also use coconut milk as a substitute) and waited for the mixture to boil. As the mixture is boiling, I adjusted the heat to low so that I can simmer the fish. I gently stirred the mixture and let the fish simmer until the liquid slowly evaporates and reduces to half. Simple, isn’t it?
Please place your questions and feedback on the comments section below.
Try this Ginataang Salmon Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Ginataang Salmon Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon steak cut
- 2 cups coconut cream kakang gata
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 pieces long green chili
- 3 pieces red Thai chili
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1/4 cup cane vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Arrange the salmon slices flat in a pan.
- Put-in the red and green chillies, garlic, ginger, onion, ground black pepper, fish sauce and water.
- Turn-on the heat and let boil.
- Pour-in the vinegar. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream. Gently stir. cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the liquid reduces to half.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve and enjoy!