Delicious Whole Wheat Pancakes is a share recipe from Gwen. She writes:
Whole Wheat Pancakes are better than regular ones. My delicious whole wheat pancakes is healthy alternative.
It can be best enjoyed with a natural and healthy homemade syrup that makes use of less or no corn syrup and a side of fresh fruits. That is what I usually have when enjoying buttermilk pancakes.
This will also go well with turkey bacon and fried eggs. A cup of black coffee will work best too.
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 medium egg
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat pan or griddle
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Beat egg in; add brown sugar, buttermilk, and butter
- Pour into bowl with dry ingredients; stir but not too much
- Scoop a quarter cup batter onto the pan. Flip when bubbles starts to show-up; cook for 15 to 20 seconds