Baked Pork Chop is a good idea for lunch especially when you do not feel to prepare something fancy. This Simple Baked Pork Chop Recipe is a time saver and it has a great flavor that you will like. I like the recipe because it reminds me of barbecue pork chop.
Tips in Cooking Simple Baked Pork Chop
I can make pork chops with almost the same barbecue goodness inside my kitchen without any need of a grill. I also love the tender moist pork chops that this recipe produces. As the name implies, this Baked Pork Chop Recipe is totally simple and really easy; all we need to do is to season the pork chop, sear, and bake them.
Although everything seems to be a walk in the park, I make sure that the pork chops are seasoned well before searing. When preparing this baked pork chop recipe, If possible, I rub the salt and pepper all over the pork chops so that there is no open spot left. Waiting for at least 15 minutes before you sear the pork is recommended because it gives time for the flavor to get absorbed. Searing correctly is also important because this process locks the moisture in the pork, which makes helps make it soft and tender.
One more thing, I am using my favorite barbecue sauce for this Baked Pork Chop Recipe. Simply spread the barbecue sauce all over the pork chops before baking them. This adds a nice twist to this baked pork chop recipe – you can also do the same to other baked pork or chicken recipes if you desire.
- 4 pieces thick cut pork chops
- ¾ cups barbecue sauce (use your favorite brand)
- cooking oil spray
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the pork chop. Let it stay for 15 minutes so that the pork can absorb the flavor.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan. Spray enough cooking oil (using the cooking oil spray) on the skillet.
- Sear each side of the pork chop for 3 minutes or until brown. Note: Doing this will help retain some moisture inside the pork chops.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the oven is being preheated, spread the barbecue sauce on both sides of the seared pork chops.
- Arrange the pork chops in a baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with grilled corn. mashed potatoes, or white rice.