Baked Chicken is probably the easiest and one of the healthiest ways to prepare chicken; all we need to do is rub the chicken with seasoning and place it in the oven to cook. The next best thing to baked chicken is Rosemary Baked Chicken; it is like placing your simple baked chicken one level higher in terms of flavor. This Rosemary Baked Chicken Recipe will guide you on how to quickly make your tasty baked chicken dinner.
While making baked chicken sounds easy, we need to remember that the chicken should be fully cooked before we serve it. I indicated the baking temperature and time in the recipe below. However, the thickness of the chicken breasts and the oven (brand and age) that we are using will not always be the same. Due to this reason, I strongly recommend the use of a meat thermometer every time you bake or roast meat such as this rosemary baked chicken. The safe temperature for chicken is 165F, but you can stop at 160F and let the residual heat cook the meat until 165F. This will ensure that the inside of the chicken breasts are cooked while leaving some moisture, which is an important thing to remember when making baked chicken.
Try this Simple Rosemary Baked Chicken Recipe with Vegetables. Enjoy!
Rosemary Baked Chicken Recipe with Vegetables
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts around 3 to 4 ounces per piece
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pack frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- Combine rosemary, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, cook the vegetables according to your preference. You can steam the vegetables or stir-fry them using a little cooking oil. Sprinkle some salt and pepper and arrange in a plate. Set aside.
- Rub the mixture over the chicken breasts. Arrange the chicken breasts in a resealable bag and pour-in the remaining mixture. Marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the marinated chicken breasts in a baking pan.
- Bake one side for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken breasts over and bake the other side for another 15 minutes or until internal temperature reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit (you will need to use a meat thermometer to get the internal temperature of meats).
- Transfer the Baked Chicken on the plate where the vegetables are placed.
- Serve your baked chicken with vegetables. Share and enjoy!