Salads make a good entree, but sometimes it is enough to be called a complete meal especially for busy people or for those who wanted something light to eat. This Easy Chicken Caesar Salad is a simple Caesar salad recipe that incorporates grilled chicken to give you extra protein in your meal. Since most of you are busy, this Easy Chicken Caesar Salad recipe suggest ingredients that can be bought directly from the grocery store such as croutons and Caesar salad dressing, so that you will not waste your time making them from scratch. If you will have sometime though in the future, I will be giving you crouton recipes and Caesar salad recipes that you can prepare from scratch. This is something that you can do with your family so that you can have some quality time in the kitchen.
I think that I said enough about this Chicken Caesar Salad. However, let me tell you a little bit more, and this will be quick. The chicken should not be over cooked so that it will remain juicy in the inside. The 5 to7 minutes grilling time below is just an approximate time that I use when grilling chicken breasts that are around 3/4 inch thick. Keep an eye on the chicken while it is on the grill and make sure to adjust the grilling time depending on the situation. Also the peperoncini is a nice to have for this recipe. I got this idea from Olive garden (my family is a huge fan) and I think that it really works great.
Try this Easy Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe. Cheers!
Easy Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
- 12 ounces boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts chopped
- 1 pack croutons any flavor
- 3/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 pieces peperoncini
- 1/2 cup lite Caesar salad dressing
- Salt and pepper
- Flatten the chicken breast by pounding using a meat tendering tool. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side depending on the thickness. Remove from the grill and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes. Chop. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad by combining the lettuce hearts, croutons, peperoncini, Parmesan Cheese, Caesar salad dressing, and grilled chicken. Toss.
- Transfer to a salad bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!