Creamy, rich and decadent, brownies are always a welcomed treat. This dessert is enjoyed by so many that it dominates restaurant dessert menus and cookbooks in many parts of the world. There are different types of brownies and some are made with fillings of fruit, sauces and sometimes nuts. Find out how to make brownies with simple ingredients at home. Believe me, it is really easy to make brownies.
How to make brownies and what is it made of?
Ingredients used to make brownies are similar to that of chocolate cake. This is why they share the same flavor but differ in texture. Brownies are typically made using eggs, sugar, flour and other basic ingredients. Experienced cooks often add fresh fruit pieces to give them a fruity twist and others add peanut butter for a nutty taste.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes
Health Benefits of Brownies
There are a lot of brownie recipes available in print and online today, each with their set of ingredients. Cocoa powder is a major ingredient in brownies. If you’re learning how to make brownies but are worried about your health, you’ll be glad to know that cocoa powder has less sugar, contains vitamin A and has plenty of antioxidants that help prevent diseases. Butter is also a primary ingredient. While many opt for store-bought butter for convenience, you can always learn how to make butter at home for a healthier version. Homemade butter usually has more calcium and is creamier than those in stores. It is also more natural because it has no preservatives or added sugars. For the best brownies, choose unsalted butter to reduce sodium content. Dieters might need to watch their calories with brownies. Traditional brownies contain about 2 cups of sugar. While it might boost your energy quickly, these sugars are easily stored as fat. Keep your portions small and serve with fruit or nuts instead of ice cream.
- 1 cup butter, preferably unsalted
- 2 cups sugar, white
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence or extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 4 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups of flour, all-purpose
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Soften butter by leaving it at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Do not melt. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine soft butter with sugar and mix well. Add cocoa powder little by little, mixing thoroughly. Add vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Sift the flour into the butter-sugar mixture. Combine and transfer the mixture into a baking pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes until a light crust forms at the top of brownies. Brownies are incredibly easy to make. Create more flavors by adding caramel sauce, cream cheese, chocolate chips, nuts and fruit. Watch your portions and enjoy.
What is the Difference between Brownies and Chocolate Cake?
This is a frequently asked question everywhere and the answer is simple. Cake is spongy and lighter in texture, while brownies tend to be dense with a stronger flavor. Brownies also require less flour and do not need baking soda like cakes do.