Fresh Basil and Sun Dried Tomato Spaghetti is a simple yet tasty pasta dish that anyone can prepare with ease. I like it because it is fresh and convenient to make. I am also a huge fan of fresh basil and sun-dried tomato. In fact, my favorite pizza is the Margherita.
Let me quickly narrate how to cook Fresh Basil and Sun Dried Tomato Spaghetti. The first thing that we need to do is to prepare the spaghetti. It is best to consult on the directions indicated in the package. Set the spaghetti aside after cooking. Make sure to cover the container so that the pasta won’t get dry.
Next is to heat olive oil in a wide pan. Extra virgin olive oil will also work. Use a wide pan because it will need to accommodate the spaghetti later on. Quickly cook the garlic until it starts to turn light brown. Do not wait for it to turn medium brown, add the grape tomato right away. This will somewhat slow down the cooking process of the garlic and will prevent it from getting burnt. You can also use cherry tomato. These are both small tomatoes, but there is a small difference in appearance and taste. The sun-dried tomato and basil will follow after a few seconds. Gradually add the pasta on the pan and toss. Make sure that the pasta is coated in oil along with basil and tomato. Add the cheese later. You can add more cheese if you want. Cracked red pepper can also be added if you prefer your spaghetti to have a bit of spice.
Panlasang Pinoy Fish Recipes
I enjoy this with a side of garlic bread. How about you?
Try this simple Fresh Basil and Sun Dried Tomato Spaghetti Pasta Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Spaghetti
- 10 pieces fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 8 to 12 pieces grape tomato, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook the Spaghetti according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a wide pan.
- Once the oil starts to get hot, add garlic. Cook until garlic turns light brown.
- Stir-in the grape tomato and cook for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add the sun-dried tomato and basil. Cook for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Quickly add the cooked spaghetti. Toss until all ingredients are well blended.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Toss one more time. Turn the heat off and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy your simple yet delicious pasta.