Chicken Afritada with Bell Pepper is a version of my favorite chicken afritada that makes use of bell peppers or capsicum. This is a type of Filipino chicken stew cooked in a tomato based sauce. It usually has potato and carrot. This recipe, in particular, also makes use of red and green bell peppers. This ingredient provides a hint of sweetness to the dish that enhances its overall taste. It also makes this version chicken afritada colorful and visually appealing.
I am using chicken with bones for this recipe. You may use boneless chicken breast or thigh too. Other ingredients such as frozen green peas and hotdog can also be added. I prefer this version to be simple, so I tried to limit the ingredients to a minimum.
You can prepare this chicken afritada version any day that you please. This is meant to be served during regular days either for lunch or dinner (with a single cup of rice). Of course, it will always be excellent to have this with family and friends. I think that any meal can get better when you enjoy it with the people that you love. Do you agree?
It is time to prepare the ingredients so that you can start cooking your chicken afritada soon.
Try this Chicken Afritada with Bell Pepper Recipe. Enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Chicken Afritada with Bell Pepper
- 1 ½ lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium baking potato, cut into cubes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 Knorr Chicken Cube
- 4 to 5 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 ½ cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot.
- Sauté the garlic and onion
- Add the chicken pieces when the onion gets soft. Cook both sides until it turns light brown.
- Add the tomato sauce and water. Let boil.
- Put the dried bay leaves in the pot and then add the Knorr Chicken Cube. Stir and cover. Cook between low to medium heat for 30 minutes or until the chicken gets tender.
- Add the carrot, bell peppers, and potato. Stir. Cover and cook for 12 minutes.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Stir and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to serving bowl or plate. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!