Oat Bran Chocolate Chip Cookie is a crowd pleaser. It has that delicious chocolate chip cookie taste and a nice texture. Oat bran is finer and has a different consistency when compared to regular rolled oatmeal. This is the reason why this cookie does not look rough unlike other oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
You can use any kind of chocolate chip that you prefer. Semi sweet chocolate is the commonly used type, but dark chocolate chips will also work. If you want to try white chocolate, please be my guest. Feel free to play around with the chips, but not with the dough.
Note that the recipe below will give somewhat a crunchy texture. You can limit the baking time to 9 minutes if you want a chewy oat bran chocolate chip cookie. I also added an optional step wherein extra chocolate chips are placed on top of each cookie to make it look pretty. Just so you know, this has to be done if you want your cookies to be picture perfect. Otherwise, the chips can get buried in the cookie dough and will not be very visible after baking.
Another way of ensuring that the cookie chips stand out is by manually adding more chips on the scooped cookie mixture when arranging in the cookie sheet.
Try this easy to make Oat Bran Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 ½ cups oat bran
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cups dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons whole fresh milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- In a bowl, combine all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Using a separate bowl, beat the white and brown sugars with the butter using an hand blender or an electric mixer.
- Pour the milk and vanilla extract and add the eggs with the butter mixture. Continue to beat.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture (flour etc.) while beating.
- Fold-in the chocolate chips. Leave a few pieces of chips for later.
- Scoop around 1 tablespoon of mixture and arrange in a cookie sheet or baking tray. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange the remaining chips on top. Put it back in the oven and continue to bake for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let the oat bran cookies cool down in a wire rack.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!