This is a simple recipe for Adobong Okra with Pork. This recipe was requested by one of our readers. She goes by the name of Lady Red. This is my way of saying thanks for always visiting this blog and watching our videos in YouTube.
Let me know if you want me to feature a recipe for you by commenting below.
Cooking using this recipe is like making pork adobo at first, while adding the fresh okra towards the end. The okra makes the dish taste better because it makes the flavor of the adobo balanced and it also has lots of health benefits. I learned that okra contains folic acid, potassium, and vitamins b and c. It also has high dietary fiber, which can help regulate your digestive system naturally.
You can prepare adobong okra with pork on regular days. It best to be eaten for lunch or dinner, with rice – be it white or brown.
Try this Adobong Okra with Pork Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 12 pieces okra
- ½ lb. pork belly. sliced into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic. Cook in medium heat until the garlic turns medium brown.
- Add the pork belly pieces. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the soy sauce and water. Cover. Cook the pork in low heat for 30 minutes or until the pork becomes tender. You can add more water if the liquid starts to dry out.
- Pour the vinegar. Let the liquid re-boil.
- Put the okra in the pan. Stir. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!