Chicken Adobo sa Gata is my next favorite chicken adobo version next to classic adobong manok. I like it because it is rich and tasty — simply delicious!
Have you tried cooking this dish yet? If not, this recipe along with the cooking video below should be able to guide you from start to finish. If you are a beginner or an intermediate cook, this recipe is a good resource.
The first thing that I did was to marinate the chicken is soy sauce, garlic, and crushed peppercorn. The minimum time to marinate is 20 minutes, but I suggest that you do it for 1 hour if you have extra time. This will let the chicken absorb the flavor better.
After marinating, you can start cooking the remaining garlic. Add the marinated chicken followed by the dried bay leaves. The vinegar will be next. At this point, you already have chicken adobo. Enhance it further by pouring the coconut milk into the pot where all the ingredients are. This makes regular chicken adobo taste better.
The recipe is simple and straightforward. If you have questions, suggestions, or reactions, please add your comment below.
Try this Chicken Adobo sa Gata Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon crushed peppercorn
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, half of the crushed garlic, and crushed peppercorn in a bowl. Mix well. Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil is hot enough, saute the remaining garlic until it turns light brown.
- Add the chicken (including all the marinade ingredients) and dried bay leaves. Cook until the chicken browns.
- Pour vinegar into the pot. Let boil. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk. Let boil. Cover and simmer until the chicken becomes tender. Note: you can continue cooking until the sauce reduces to your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!