Spicy Honey Chicken with Steamed Vegetables is something that I enjoyed eating for dinner. It was light, tender and delicious. I did not have any guilt after having it because it is healthy, without a doubt. It is low in fat and high in protein; it also has extra vitamins and nutrients from the steamed vegetables. I think that I must consider adding healthy food in my diet since I’m not getting any younger.
It is easy to make Spicy Honey Chicken. The first thing that I did was to prepare the boneless chicken breast by slightly flattening it. I did this by placing the slice of chicken over a chopping board and covered it with a clear plastic wrap. I then pushed the palm of my hand against it (starting from the center moving outwards) until I got the thickness and size that I wanted.
The next thing that I did was to combine all the rub ingredients. I am talking about garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper powder, salt, ground black pepper, and cumin. These ingredients helps make the chicken taste even better. Simply rub the mixture all over the chicken breasts without leaving any spot open. Let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes so that the chicken can absorb the spices.
Broiling the chicken in the oven is the next procedure. I set my oven to broil mode (high) and broiled each side of the chicken for a few minutes. Some ovens don’t have a broil mode. If you have one of these ovens, you can bake the chicken at 375F for 10 minutes or use a grilling pan and grill it over the stove top. Once I was done initially broiling the chicken, I prepared the honey glaze by combining honey with vinegar. The vinegar not only adds flavor, it also helps to thin down the texture of the honey. Since the honey mixture is thinner and easier to handle, I did not have issues when I brushed it all over the chicken (it was the next step, by the way).I broiled the chicken one last time and I’m done.
The steamed veggies are the easiest to make. Simply slice place in a steamer to steam – that’s it! You can also broil the vegetables if you want it that way. Don’t forget to drizzle with olive oil if you are going to that path.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes
If you want some carbs in your diet, you may also want to try this tasty Baked Chicken Parmesan with pasta.
Try this Spicy Honey Chicken Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 (4 oz.) boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1½ teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 small yellow squash. sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower, sliced
- 2 cups water, for steaming
- Combine all chicken rub ingredients in bowl. Mix well. Rub all over the chicken breasts. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil mode.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking tray.Broil each side for 4 minutes.
- Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl. Stir until well blended. Brush both side of the chicken with honey mixture.
- Put back in the oven. Continue to broil each side for 4 to 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and arrange in a plate.
- Meanwhile pour water on and steamer. Arrange the steamed vegetable ingredients in the steamer and steam for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with the spicy honey chicken.
- Share and enjoy!