Pinoy Spaghetti is always present on our table during Christmas dinner because my only son, Dave, loves it. I used to cook this for him when he was younger, but now he is capable of making his favorite Filipino spaghetti anytime he wants. I am blessed with good kids that share the same passion in cooking.
Our family’s version of Pinoy Spaghetti for the holidays involves three types of meat: ground pork, ham, and red hotdog (red hotdogs are always available in the Philippines, but it is not common here in the US). We make it as Filipino as we can, just like how I remember it back then when we are still living in the Philippines. I gave this recipe a special touch by adding red and green bell peppers. It makes the sauce look appetizing while adding a sweet and kinda fruity flavor.
Every year, each member of the family helps me cook their favorite food. This does not exempt my two little girls, Danika and Danielle, who always help me prepare and cook Lumpiang Shanghai for Noche Buena.
Pinoy spaghetti always brings back the good memories of home. I am sharing our spaghetti recipe so that you too can experience the excitement, joy, and good taste that binds our family together. May you find more happiness with loved ones during this Christmas season and throughout the coming years.
Have a blessed Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!
Try this Pinoy Spaghetti Recipe for Christmas Dinner. Let us know what you think.
- 1 lb. Spaghetti
- 1 Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 3 hotdogs sliced into pieces crosswise
- 3 ounces ham, chopped
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons liver spread
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1½ cups water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain the water. Set the spaghetti aside.
- Make the sauce by heating oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute garlic and onions until the onions starts to soften.
- Add ground pork. Cook until light brown.
- Add ham and hotdogs. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the pot. Stir. Add water and let boil.
- Add Knorr Pork Cube. Stir. Cover the pot and continue to cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Put the liver spread into the pot. Stir.
- Add the bell peppers and sugar. Stir.
- Add the tomato paste. Stir and continue cook until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Add salt and ground black pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Arrange the spaghetti in a plate. Top with spaghetti sauce and grated cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Pinoy Spaghetti