Crab and Corn Soup along with Golden Chicken Rice Balls is a great tasting food combination that you can make for Chinese New Year. This has both the good taste and nice texture that can make your eating experience more pleasurable.
Preparing the chicken rice ball is not that hard. Unlike in making regular meatball, this might take a little bit getting used to, but you should be able to master the technique after doing it once.
The first thing that I did was to cook the ground chicken. The cooked chicken was combined with sushi rice and mixed. The mixture should be sticky enough to hold everything together. The next step is to form the mixture into a ball. This step is somewhat tricky because the mixture tends to stick on your palm. I used a regular sized ice cream scoop to mold and hold the chicken rice balls. This also gives me the opportunity to easily stuff it with cheese. The coating is composed of egg, all-purpose flour, and Panko breadcrumbs.
One thing that you should remember when deep frying breaded food is to always control the temperature of the oil. Breadcrumbs can get burnt quickly, so make sure to start with a lower temp and adjust it accordingly based on the situation. Once the chicken rice ball turns golden brown, it is ready.
Cooking the Crab and Corn Soup is the quickest and easiest. Simply combine water and crab and corn soup mix in a pot, and then stir. You may start to turn the heat on once the mixture is fully diluted in water. The soup will start to thicken after a minute or two, so make sure to stir it often. Add the egg, stir and you are done.
I personally love this food combination. I like the crispy outer and gooey inner textures of chicken rice balls, and love its balanced flavor. The Crab and Corn soup is simple delicious. Adding a piece of egg into it even made it better. This is definitely something that you should not ignore.
Try this Golden Chicken Rice Balls with Crab and Corn Soup Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- ½ lb. ground chicken
- ½ Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1 cup cooked sushi rice
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¾ cups Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 3 cups cooking oil
- 1 (40g) pack Knorr Real Chinese Soup (Crab and Corn)
- 3 cups water
- 1 egg
- Heat 3 tablespoons cooking oil in a pan.
- Once the oil starts to get hot, saute onion until soft.
- Add ground chicken. Cook until light brown.
- Add Knorr Chicken Cube. Stir and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Place in a large bowl. Let it cool down.
- Combine sushi rice and ground chicken. Mix well. Note: add more sushi rice until the mixture becomes sticky.
- Using a regular sized ice cream scoop, pick-up some rice and chicken mixture. Create a space in the middle by pressing with your thumb. Insert some shredded Mozzarella cheese and seal by compressing the mixture using your fingers.
- Dredge the chicken rice balls in all-purpose flour and place in a clean plate.
- Heat 2 to 3 cups of cooking oil in a small and deep cooking pot or sauce pan.
- Meanwhile, beat 2 eggs. Dip each chicken rice ball in it and then roll over the Panko bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in medium heat until the chicken rice balls turn golden brown. Remove from the pot and put in a plate lined with paper towel.
- Prepare the crab and corn soup by pouring water into a cooking pot. Add the crab and corn soup mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Turn the stove on and start to heat the pot. Stir while heating to prevent lumps from forming.
- Once the soup starts to get thick, crack a piece of egg and add it into the soup. Quickly stir until the egg blends with the soup. Continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with Golden Chicken Rice Balls.
- Share and enjoy!