Home fries or bistro potatoes (also known as house fries) is a simple fried potato breakfast side dish. This can easily be made by sauteeing or frying potato by itself or with along with other ingredients. This home fries recipe involves onion and bell peppers, aside from the baking potato. The final result is amazing!
Making home fries is simple and straightforward. Simply pan-fry the cubed potato until it turns brown, Next is to saute the onion and peppers. Season with salt and ground black pepper. That’s it! This is best when eaten with crispy bacon and scrambled eggs.
Th onions and bell peppers are optional ingredients. I like my home fries better when they are around. In case you decide to make this dish with potatoes alone and there are some leftovers, I suggest to make tortilla Espanola out of it.
Try this Home Fries Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Home Fries Recipe
- 2 medium baking potato cleaned and sliced into cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the potato. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add onion. Saute the onion until soft.
- Add bell peppers. Cook for 2 minutes,
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir Cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve for breakfast as a side dish.
- Share and enjoy!