Corned Beef Sinigang is a unique singang na baka version. This recipe suggest the use of corned beef brisket. This ingredient is not the same as your regular canned corned beef. It is a huge chunk of beef brisket that have been cured and brined. It is the main ingredient used to make Reuben sandwich. Another popular dish using this ingredient that is served mostly during St. Patrick’s day is called corned beef and cabbage.
I think that Corned Beef Sinigang is interesting, aside from being unique. It develops curiosity among people who love sinigang. This leads them to get more information about the dish and eventually try it. You came to the right place if you are interested to give this dish a try. This recipe post and in-depth cooking video should be able to guide you to the entire cooking process.
What are the reasons why I like corned beef sinigang? I like it because it is delicious. The beef was tender and tasty, while the soup was tailored to my liking. It was sour enough, flavorful, and comforting. I had it with a small saucer of patis and crushed fresh chili as condiments. Doing this made the experience even better. As a result, I had two huge servings with a cup of extra rice. It was yummy!
Try this Corned Beef Sinigang Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 3½ lbs. corned beef brisket, cubed
- 2 (40g) pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc mix
- 1 bunch fresh spinach or kangkong
- 6 to 8 pieces okra
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced
- 12 pieces snake beans (sitaw), cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium Daikon radish, sliced
- 2 medium yellow onion, wedged
- 2 medium ripe tomato, wedged
- 3 to 4 pieces long green pepper (siling pansigang)
- 12 to 15 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour water into a cooking pot. Add tomato, onion, and corned beef. Let boil. Cover and cook between low to medium heat for 1½ to 2 hours or until the beef becomes tender. Note: add more water as needed.
- Add Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix. Stir.
- Add daikon radish, okra, eggplant, long green pepper, and snake beans.Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and ground black pepper.
- Add Spinach. Turn off heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!