Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as the saying goes. I tried to eat like a king by having 12 oz. Breakfast T-bone steak with Fried Eggs. I don’t really eat like this all the time, at least for breakfast though. However, I needed more energy today and the next few weeks to come.
Let me share with you the good news. We will be moving to a new house soon. I am excited about the kitchen because it is bigger and brighter. I also get to have a decent sized kitchen Island. This is what I was hoping for the longest time. All the cleaning and other tasks related to the move keeps all of us busy for the past few days. A good and heavy breakfast is a must to keep us going.
Note that this recipe calls for T-bone steak, but you can also use Porterhouse or any steak cuts that you like. I emphasized the two steaks cuts above to discuss the difference between the two. Both T-bone and Porterhouse steaks can be distinguished by the “T” shaped bone. However, each has its own properties that make it unique.
Both steak cuts are derived from the short loin. T-bone is the cut from the front loin, while Porterhouse comes from the back, near the tenderloin. This means that porterhouse steak has more tenderloin content to the point that it can be sliced to become a filet mignon.
Let’s discuss how I cooked this steak. I simply used a frying pan to cook my steak, no grilling needed. I suggest rubbing salt all over the steak and letting it stay for at least 15 minutes. This will let the meat absorb it better. You can season with ground black pepper once the steak is cooked, but it is not mandatory. You’ll be surprised on how easy it is to cook your breakfast steak.
The eggs, on the other hand, were fried using the normal way. You can season these if you want. Aside from frying, feel free to cook the eggs based on the way that you prefer. This article about 10 ways to cook eggs might be able to help.
Try this Breakfast T-Bone Steak with Eggs Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Breakfast T-Bone Steak with Fried Eggs
- 1 12 oz. T-bone steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper optional
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 fried eggs
- Rub salt all over the steak. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add olive oil.
- Gently pound the garlic until it cracks and then put it into the pan. Do not remove the skin. Note: this will give the steak a garlicky taste.
- Put the T-bone steak into the pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes between low to medium heat.
- Turn the steak over to cook the opposite side. Continue to cook for 3 minutes. You can also scoop some butter using a spoon and pour it on top of the steak while frying.
- Arrange on a serving plate. Season with ground black pepper
- Serve with fried eggs. Share and enjoy!