Nilagang Baka with Kalabasa – Filipino boiled beef Soup
This is a recipe for Nilagang Baka with Kalabasa – Filipino boiled beef Soup
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 10 mins
- 2 lbs. beef chuck paypay, cubed
- ½ medium butternut squash or calabaza squash cubed
- 1 bunch bok choy pechay
- 20 to 30 pieces long green beans
- 2 medium yellow onions wedged
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorn
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
Pour water and beef broth into a cooking pot. Let boil.
Add beef slices, onion, and whole peppercorn. Cover the pot and continue to boil between low to medium heat for 1 ½ to 2 hours, or until the beef becomes tender. Note: add more water if needed.
Add butternut squash or kalabasa. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add long greens beans. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add bok choy and season with fish sauce. Continue to cook for 1 minute.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with rice.
Share and enjoy!