Classic Macaroni Salad Recipe
This is a recipe for Classic Macaroni Salad.
Prep Time12 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time22 mins
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced carrot
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1 medium onion minced
- 4 tablespoons distilled or white vinegar
- 2 1/4 tablespoons mustard powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 5 quarts water for boiling macaroni
Pour water into a cooking pot. Let boil.
Add 2 teaspoons salt and then put-in the elbow macaroni. Continue to boil for 6 minutes.
Drain the water and add cold water into the pot. Let is stay for 3 minutes and then drain. Set the macaroni aside.
Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard powder, ground black pepper, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
Add the minced vegetables (onion, carrot, celery, and bell peppers). Fold the mixture until blended.
Add the macaroni. Continue to fold until all the ingredients are well blended.
Cover the bowl. Refrigerate the macaroni salad for at least 3 hours.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve cold.
Share and enjoy!