Filipino Shrimp Curry Recipe
This is a recipe for Filipino Shrimp Curry.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 1 lb. shrimp deveined, head and shell removed
- 1 Knorr Shrimp Cube
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1/2 lemon or 2 pieces calamansi
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 thumb ginger minced
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons pats fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
Arrange shrimp in a large bowl. Squeeze lemon over it, season with ground black pepper and cayenne pepper powder. Mix well. Marinate for 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a cooking pot.
Once the oil becomes hot, saute onion for 30 seconds.
Add garlic, ginger, and tomato. Cook until the onion becomes tender.
Pour coconut milk into the pot. Stir and let boil. Cover the cooking pot. Continue to cook in medium heat for 2 minutes.
Add curry powder. Stir until it dilutes in coconut milk.
Add Knorr Shrimp Cube. Stir. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Add turmeric powder and bell peppers (red and green). Stir. Cover and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
Put the marinated shrimp into the pot. Stir. Continue to cook in medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Season with patis (fish sauce). Add parsley. Stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
Share and enjoy!