Beef Bulalo Recipe
This is a recipe for Beef Bulalo or Boiled beef shank soup with corn and long green beans.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
- 2 ½ lbs. beef shank bulalo
- 1 Knorr beef cube
- 6 to 8 leaves Napa cabbage
- 1 sweet corn cut into 5 small pieces
- 15 to 18 pieces green beans
- 1 medium yellow onion wedged
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
- 8 cups water
Boil water in a pressure cooker.
Add onions and whole peppercorn. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add beef shank. Let boil.
Add Knorr pork cube. Stir. Cover the pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 40 to 45 minutes.
Remove the cover once pressure is out. Add corn. Cook for 15 minutes.
Put the green beans into the cooker and pour fish sauce. Stir. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Arrange fresh Napa cabbage (pechay baguio) in a serving bowl. Transfer the contents of the pressure cooker in the same bowl. Serve hot with patis, calamansi, and siling labuyo.
Share and enjoy!