This is a recipe for Pork Ginataan.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- 1 ½ lb. Pork belly cut into cubes
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 2 cups coconut milk gata
- 2 cups coconut cream kakang gata
- 10 to 12 pieces Thai chili pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 2 thumbs ginger sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
Heat oil in a cooking pot.
Saute, onion, garlic, and ginger.
Once the onion becomes translucent and soft, add pork. Saute until light brown.
Pour coconut milk and coconut cream. Let boil.
Add chili pepper (Thai chili). Cover the cooking pot. Cook for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the pork becomes tender.
Add spinach. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
Season with ground black pepper and fish sauce.
Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
Share and enjoy!