Sotanghon with Upo Soup
This is a recipe for Sotanghon with Upo Soup.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 2.6 ounces 75 grams sotanghon noodles
- 1 small opo squash upo, peeled and sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup small shrimp
- 2 ounces chopped pork
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons deep fried garlic toasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
Heat oil in a cooking pot.
Sauté onion and garlic
Once the onion becomes soft, add pork. Continue to cook until the pork turns light brown.
Pour chicken broth into the pot. Let boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes in medium eat.
Add shrimp. Stir and let the liquid re-boil.
Put the sotanghon noodles into the pot. Stir.
Add the opo squash (upo). Cover the pot. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes in medium heat. Note: add water or chicken broth, if needed.
Season with crushed black pepper and fish sauce. Stir.
Put the deep fried garlic into the pot. Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
Share and enjoy!