This is a recipe for Cioppino.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 lb. fish steak I used swordfish steak
- 12 to 15 pieces large sea scallops
- 1 lb mussels
- 1/2 lb. Manila clams
- 1/2 lb. large shrimp
- 2 Dungeneous crab clusters
- 1/2 lb squid rings
- 1.5 oz. fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomato
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups Pinot Grigio white wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion wedged
- 1/2 fennel bulb chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a cooking pot.
Once the oil starts to get hot, add the chopped fennel bulb. Saute for 1 minute.
Add onion and garlic. Continue to saute until onion becomes soft and translucent.
Pour canned diced tomato, water, and Pinot Grigio wine. Let boil. Continue to boil in medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add the fish steaks, shrimp, and scallops. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove the fish and seafood from the pot using a slotted spoon. Set aside.
Add basil, bell pepper, and parsley. Stir.
Add crab, clams, and mussels. Cover the pot. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
Put the fish, shrimp, and scallops back into the pot. Gently stir.
Add Cayenne pepper, salt and ground black pepper.
Transfer to a serving bowl.
Serve with toasted sour dough bread.