This is a recipe for Pancit Palabok
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
- 12 ounces palabok noodles cornstarch sticks
- 2 to 3 quarts water for soaking the noodles
- 1 Knorr Shrimp Cube
- 8 ounces pork shoulder sliced into small pieces
- ½ cup tinapa flakes smoked fish flakes
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup annatto water
- 3 ½ cups water
- 3 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 10 to 12 pieces shrimp deveined, shell and head removed
- 1 cup Napa cabbage sliced into small squares
- 3 boiled eggs sliced into quarters
- ½ cup crushed chicharon pork rinds
- ½ cup chopped scallions
Pour 2 to 3 quarts water in a large mixing bowl or pot. Soak the palabok noodles in water for 30 minutes (or follow the package instructions).
Remove the soaked noodles from the bowl and set aside.
Meanwhile, pour the water in a large cooking pot. Let boil.
Put the noodles into the pot. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until soft. Remove noodles from the pot and drain the excess water. Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover it (this will prevent it from being exposed in air, which can eventually dry the noodles). Set aside.
Add shrimp on the same pot with boiling water. Cook for 1 ½ minutes or until it floats; Remove from the pot and set aside.
Put Napa cabbage into the pot. Boil for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
Prepare the sauce by pouring oil in a clean cooking pot.
Once the oil gets hot, add the pork. Sauté until light brown
Pour fish sauce into the pot along with the annatto water. Stir.
Pour 3 ½ cups water into the pot and let it boil. Cover the pot and continue to cook in medium heat for 15 to 18 minutes or until the pork gets tender. Note: If needed, you can add more water to prevent the sauce from drying out.
Remove the cover and Knorr Shrimp Cube and tinapa flakes. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Combine flour with ½ cup water. Stir until texture becomes smooth. Pour the mixture into the pot. Stir. Continue to cook until desired thick texture is achieved.
Add the ground black pepper. Stir.
Assemble the palabok by placing noodles in a plate. Pour the sauce over the noodles and then top with Napa cabbage, shrimp, and sliced boiled eggs. Sprinkle crushed chicharon and chopped scallions on top.
Serve with calamansi or lime. Share and enjoy!