This is a recipe for Afritadang Baboy or Pork Afritada
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder sliced into cubes
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 large potato cubed
- 2 medium carrots cubed
- 3 to 5 pieces dried bay leaves
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a pot.
Saute garlic and onion.
Add pork. Saute until light brown.
Pour tomato sauce and beef broth. Let boil.
Add bay leaves. Cover and then cook in medium heat for 45 minutes or until the pork gets tender. Note: add more beef broth if needed.
Add potato and carrots. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
Add bell peppers. Cook for 3 minutes.
Season with salt and ground black pepper. Stir.
Transfer to a serving plate. Share and enjoy!