Pinakbet with Squid in Coconut Milk (Pinakbet sa Gata)
This is a recipe for Pinakbet with Squid in Coconut Milk.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- ½ lb. medium squid cleaned
- 6 pieces snake beans sitaw, cut in 2 inch pieces
- ½ small butternut squash cubed
- 6 to 8 pieces okra
- 1 medium Chinese eggplant sliced
- 1 small bitter melon sliced
- 1 thumb ginger minced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 ½ tablespoons shrimp paste bagoong
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
Heat oil in a bowl.
Sauté garlic, ginger, and onion. Continue to cook until the onion are soft.
Add the squid and then sauté for 2 minutes.
Remove the squid. Set aside.
Add the butternut squash. Continue to sauté for 3 minutes.
Pour the coconut milk into the cooking pot. Let boil. Cover the pot and then simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the okra, snake beans, bitter melon, and eggplant. Stir and cook for 8 minutes.
Stir in the squid, shrimp paste, and ground black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
Share and enjoy!