Sinigang na Baboy with Gabi
This is a recipe for pork belly soup cooked in sour broth. It makes use of a variety of vegetables and is best when served hot with a cup of rice on the side.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Total Time1 hr 40 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 2 lbs. pork belly sliced into cubes
- 2 to 3 cups kangkong leaves
- 3 pieces long green chili pepper siling pansigang
- 2 pieces tomato quartered
- 1 cup sliced daikon radish labanos
- 10 to 12 pieces snake beans cut in 2 inch length pieces
- 1 piece onion quartered
- 15 pieces okra
- 2 pieces taro peeled and cut in half (gabi)
- 8 cups water
- 2 packs Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix Original (20 gram pack)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Pour water into a cooking pot. Let boil
Add onion and tomato. Boil for 5 to 8 minutes.
Put the pork in the cooking pot. Boil for 25 minutes.
Add the taro. Cover and continue to boil for 30 minutes.
Add Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc mix, fish sauce, and ground black pepper; stir.
Put the daikon radish in. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the chili peppers, okra, and snake beans. Cook for 7 minutes.
Add the kangkong. Cover the cooking pot and turn off the heat. Let it stay covered for 5 minutes.
Transfer to as serving bowl. Serve with a small bowl with patis and spicy chili.
Share and enjoy!
- Use any cut of pork that you prefer.
Beef can also be used for this recipe.
- If using it, add more cooking time to ensure that the beef gets tender.
Calories: 799kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 80g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 856mg | Potassium: 383mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 0.7% | Vitamin C: 8% | Calcium: 3.3% | Iron: 5.4%