Lengua Estofado Recipe
This is a recipe for Lengua Estofado (Ox tongue Estofado)
Prep Time45 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 45 mins
- 2 lbs. beef lengua boiled until tender and sliced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomato
- 1 Knorr Beef Cube
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 5 pieces bay leaves
- ½ cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup pitted olives
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cooking oil
Heat oil in a wide cooking pot
Dredge the slice lengua in flour (shake away the excess flour) and then pan-fry in medium heat for 1 minute per side. Set aside.
Add onion and garlic on the pot. Continue to cook until the onion gets tender.
Pour the can of diced tomato and white wine. Stir.
Add the pan fried beef lengua.
Stir-in soy sauce and water. Add the Knorr Beef Cube. Let boil.
Add the bay leaves. Cover and cook in low heat until the sauce reduces to half.
Add the vinegar. Allow the sauce to re-boil.
Add sugar, green olives, black olives, and mushrooms. Stir. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
Share and enjoy!