Chopsuey with Quail Eggs
This is a quick and easy recipe for chopsuey. This version makes use of pork and shrimp bouillon along with boiled quail eggs.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
- ¼ lb. pork shoulder thinly sliced
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 medium carrot sliced crosswise
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- ½ small cabbage chopped into large pieces
- 8 to 12 pieces boiled quail eggs
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 shrimp cube
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1- tablespoon cornstarch
- 1- cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a pan. Sauté the garlic and onion
Once the onion gets soft, continue to sauté until the pork turns light brown.
Pour the oyster sauce. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Add the shrimp cube. Pour-in water. Let boil. Cover and cook until the water reduces to half.
Add the cauliflower florets. Stir and add the carrot slices. Gently stir until the ingredients are well blended.
Add the bell peppers and cabbage. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Combine the cornstarch with ½ cup water. Stir until the cornstarch is diluted. Pour on the pan. Continue to cook while stirring until the texture of the sauce thickens.
Add the quail eggs. Transfer to a serving plate.
Serve. Share and enjoy!