Paella de Marisco Recipe
Paella with mussels, shrimp, and clams
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 12 to 15 pieces cooked mussels
- 12 to 15 pieces cooked clams
- 10 pieces shrimp
- 1 3/4 cups Calasparra rice paella rice
- 4 1/2 cups clam juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 small red bell pepper roasted and sliced into strips
- 1/2 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 head garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 2 to 3 ounces fish fillet
- 2 teaspoons Spanish saffron
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil for sautéing
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil for the garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
Crush the garlic and pound until smooth.
Add the parsley and continue to pound until desired smooth consistency is reached.
Pour-in olive oil and add paprika. Mix well and then set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a paellera (paella pan) using medium to high heat.
Pan Fry the fish fillet until both sides turns light brown.
Remove the fish from the pan and then chop into small pieces. Set side.
Meanwhile, fry both sides of the shrimp until the color turns orange.
Remove the shrimp from the pan. Set aside.
Sauté the onion, scallion, and red bell pepper
Add the tomato and cook until it becomes soft.
Pour-in the clam juice. Let boil.
Add the garlic, parsley, and paprika mixture and the Spanish saffron. Stir.
Put-in the paella rice. Allow the liquid to re-boil.
Add the chopped pan fried fish fillet and salt. Stir.
Adjust the heat to low. Let the rice cook for 20 to 25 minutes (you can cover the pan if the rice is taking too long to cook).
Arrange the mussels, clams, shrimp, and roasted red bell pepper on top of the rice.
Cover the paellera with aluminum foil and then turn the heat off.
Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Share and enjoy!