Ginisang Upo with Sardinas
This is a recipe for sauteed bottle gourd with canned sardines in tomato sauce.
- 1 medium bottle gourd peeled and sliced
- 2 5.5 oz. cans spicy sardines in tomato sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 2 medium ripe tomato cubed
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
Heat oil in a pan.
Saute onion and garlic.
Add tomato. Continue to cook until soft.
Put the sliced upo (bottle gourd) into the pan. Saute for 3 minutes.
Pour canned sardines. Stir.
Add water. Let boil. Continue to for 3 to 5 minutes.
Season with fish sauce and ground black pepper.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
Share and enjoy!