Nilagang Buto-buto ng Baka Recipe
This is a recipe for Nilagang Buto-buto ng Baka
- 4 lbs. beef neck bone cut into serving pieces
- 2 quarts water
- 2 medium yellow onion wedged
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 4 pieces saba banana sliced
- 1 large baking potato slced
- 2 bunches baby bok choy
- 2 cups Napa cabbage cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup patis sauce
Pour water into a deep soup pot.
Add onion, whole peppercorn, and beef neck bone. Let boil. Cover and continue to boil in low heat for 3 hours. Add water if needed. Note: You can use a pressure cooker to quickly cook the beef and tenderize the meat. It should take around 40 to 45 minutes.
Add saba banana and potato. Boil in medium heat for 10 minutes.
Add bok choy and Napa cabbage. Cover the pot, Turn the heat off. Let it stay covered for 8 minutes for the residual heat to partially cook the vegetables.
Add patis. Stir.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with rice.
Share and enjoy!