Chicken Nilaga with Kalabasa
Thisi s a recipe for Chicken Nilaga with Kalabasa
- 2 lbs. skinless chicken thigh cut into serving pieces
- 1 small butternut squash or kalabasa peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 1/2 head small cabbage sliced
- 6 to 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- fish sauce patis to taste
Pour chicken broth into a cooking pot. Let boil.
Add onion, whole peppercorn, and chicken. Cover and continue to boil in medium heat for 30 minutes. Note: add more broth or water, if needed.
Put the kalabasa and cabbage into the pot. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
Add the baby bok choy and fish sauce. Stir. Cook for 1 minute.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with rice,
Share and enjoy.