Filipino Style Pork BBQ
This is a recipe for Filipino Style Pork BBQ
- 4 lbs. pork shoulder sliced into thin pieces
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup juice extracted from calamansi or lemon
- ¾ cup banana ketchup
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cups lemon or lime soda
Arrange the pork slices in a large bowl.
Add all the marinade ingredients. Mix well. Cover the bowl and marinate for at least 3 hours. Note: I strongly suggest marinating overnight for best results.
Fasten the marinated pork together using bamboo skewers.
Heat-up the grill. Start to grill your Filipino Style pork BBQ for 3 to 5 minutes per side until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Make sure to always baste the BBQ when flipping it over. Note: the basting sauce ingredients are the same as the marinade ingredients minus the lemon soda.
Serve with spicy vinegar.
Share and enjoy!