Ginisang Sitaw at Kalabasa with Shrimp
This is a recipe for sauteed butternut squash with shrimp.
- 1 lb. medium shrimp head and shell removed
- 1 lb. butternut squash cubed
- 18 to 20 pieces snake beans sitaw, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a pan.
Once the oil gets hot, pan-fry the shrimp in medium heat for 1 minute per side. Remove from the pan. Set aside.
Using the remaining oil (add more if needed), sauté garlic and onion.
Add the squash. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Add the snake beans. Continue to cook for 1 minute.
Put the malunggay leave into the pot and then pour the chicken broth. Let boil. Stir. Cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Serve. Share and enjoy!