Ginisang Sardinas with Ampalaya
This is a recipe for Sauteed Sardines with bittermelon. It is translated as Ginisang Sardinas with Ampalaya in Filipino.
- 1 large can sardines in tomato sauce
- 1 medium bitter melon ampalaya, cored and sliced into thin pieces
- 1 medium red onion
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons toasted garlic optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce patis
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
Heat oil in a cooking pot
Sauté garlic and onion until the garlic starts to turn light brown.
Add the sliced bitter melon. Continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
Pour the contents of the large can of sardines. Gently stir.
Add ground black pepper and fish sauce. Cover and continue to cook in medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Transfer to a serving plate. Top with chopped scallions and toasted garlic.
Serve. Share and enjoy!