Monggo with Hibi (Mung beans with small dried shrimp)
This is a recipe for Monggo with Hibi which are Mung beans with small dried shrimp
- 1 cup uncooked mung beans
- 2 to 2 ½ tablespoons hibi small dried shrimp
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons patis fish sauce
- 5 ½ cups water
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes cubed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Boil 4 cups of water in a cooking pot. Add the mung beans and continue to boil until the beans absorb all the water. Set aside.
Heat oil in a separate pot. Sauté garlic, onion, and tomato until soft.
Add the hibi and mung beans. Stir.
Pour-in remaining water into the pot. Let boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the spinach. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add the fish sauce and ground black pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes more.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
Share and enjoy!