Pesang Baboy at Manok Recipe
This is a recipe for Pesang Baboy at Manok. It pertains to pork and chicken cooked in ginger broth.
- 1 lb. pork belly cubed
- 2 lbs. chicken cut into serving pieces
- 4 thumbs ginger pounded
- 2 medium potato sliced into large cubes
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorn
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 8 to 10 cups water
- 1 large banana pepper or 2 pieces siling pansigang
- 8 leaves Napa cabbage pechay Baguio, sliced
Combine 8 cups water, pork, chicken, whole peppercorn and ginger in a cooking pot. Let boil. Cover and continue to cook in low to medium heat for 1 hour.
Pour the remaining 2 cups of water (add more if needed). Let it boil once more.
Add the cubed potato and banana pepper (or siling pansigang). Continue to cook in medium heat for 10 minutes.
Add the sliced Napa cabbage and pour-in the fish sauce. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with a cup of white rice.
Share and enjoy!