Dinendeng with Bilong-bilong Recipe
This is a recipe for dinengdeng with bilong-bilong or boiled vegetables with fried fish.
- 2 pieces fried bilong-bilong moonfish
- 8 pieces sitaw snake beans, cut in 2 inch length pieces
- 10 to 12 pieces okra
- 2 small ampalaya bitter melon, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups malunggay
- 1 medium onion wedged
- 2 medium tomato quartered
- 3 thumbs ginger crushed
- 3 tablespoons bagoong isda
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups water
Boil water in a cooking pot.
Once the water boils, add ginger, onion, and tomato. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Pour the bagoong isda in the cooking pot. Stir.
Add the ampalaya, okra, and sitaw. Stir. Let boil. Cover and then cook for 5 minutes.
Add the malunggay and fried moonfish. Cover and then cook in medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
Share and enjoy!