Binagoongang Talong with Lechon Kawali (Crispy Binagoongan)
This is a recipe for binagoongang talong with lechon kawali
- 2 medium eggplant sliced
- ½ lb. lechon kawali chopped
- ¼ cup bagoong guisado shrimp paste
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
Heat the oil in a cooking pot.
Sauté the garlic and onion until the onion gets soft.
Add the bagoong (shrimp paste) and crushed red pepper. Stir.
Put the sliced eggplants in the pan. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
Pour-in water and vinegar. Let boil. Cook until the liquid completely evaporates.
Turn off the heat. Add the lechon kawali. Stir.
Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with warm rice.
Share and enjoy!